Monday, October 5, 2009

New Flyleaf ...

I have to say that I am truly impressed with Flyleaf's new album, Memento Mori. I wasn't sure what to expect seeing as though this Christian metal band has spent most of it's illustrious career in the mainstream touring with groups like Korn, Disturbed, Seether, Three Days Grace among others.

I was under the impression that with their touring history, there wasn't going to be much of a message to their album. I was wrong. This goes to show you that you should never judge a band by it's press photo.

With each listen, I get more hooked on the album's message.

Some of the tracks that I really liked are in no particular order: "Beautiful Bride", "The Kind", "In The Dark" and "Arise".

Alot of Flyleaf fans ask the question, is this album worth the four year wait? I think so. I think Memento Mori is a tad bit more mellow compared to the self-titled debut, but in no means is it soft. It has plenty of awesome and heavy moments.

Overall, I think November 10th will be a pretty exciting day for fans. The new album will finally be out for all to listen to.

- Jay

2 comments:

  1. love the new new song... don't forget their website http://www.flyleafmusic.com

    ReplyDelete